Eligibility Criteria for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)
Eligibility criteria for the Ujjwala Yojana (Free LPG Cylinder Scheme for BPL Women) is defined by the scheme guidelines. The state government and Union territories will help identify the eligible BPL beneficiaries for the scheme.
The eligibility of the candidates for the Ujjwala Yojana will be verified and confirmed by matching the applicants data with SECC-2011 database for rural India. Eligibility criteria for BPL households in urban India will be defined on some other parameters. Below is the basic criteria of selection of BL families for free LPG connection distribution.
Eligibility criteria for BPL families would be
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of India and above the age of 18 years.
- The applicant should be a women belonging to the BPL household.
- The household of applicant should not already own a LPG connection in anyone’s name in the household.
- Monthly household income of the BPL family should not exceed a certain level as defined by the state governments and union territories.
- The applicant’s data should match with the BPL data with Oil Marketing Companies as per the SECC-2011 (Rural) database.
- The applicant should not have availed similar benefits in any other Government scheme.
The detailed eligibility criteria for PM Ujjwala Yojana will be available once the scheme is open.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is all set to be implemented from 1st May 2016 under which 5 Crore BPL households will be provided free LPG connections in three years.
NOTE: The information on this page is tentative, as the scheme has not been launched yet.